Robert Frost (1874 - 1963)
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
(Short) sermon this morning illustrated this point too, didn't it? The women in the story made all the difference, lol. The Hebrew midwives who feared God and refused to obey the Pharaoh's command to kill Israelite baby boys. Moses' mother who floated baby Moses down the river in an attempt to save him from his terrible fate. The Egyptian princess who drew baby Moses out of the river and decided to keep him alive too. Moses' sister who cleverly recommended their own mother as a nursemaid. Their choice made all the difference - Moses was to grow up to be the deliverer of God's people from slavery.
I hope you re-read the poem and be moved just as much as I have been. And when you are faced with decisions big or small this week, I hope you take the one that honours God (not man or the world). You know that will make all the difference.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment