The Truth: Some things in life are free, but most things are valued proportionate to their cost - especially relationships.
Teach your kids the value of relationships:
1. People value what they pay for, and they value it in proportion to what it costs them.
2. "Cost free" relationship are devalued and lose their worth over time, while "costly" relationships are valued and gain in worth over time.
3. Commitment and fidelity hold a marriage together. Neither is cost free. Eliminate these qualities from a marriage, and you eliminate the value of marriage.
4. If you "discount" a relationship by lowering your standards or reducing your expectations, you devalue the relationship and reduce its worth.
*Whether with our companions, our kids or colleagues, we invest time, money and effort in our relationships and because of that, they have value.
** Relationships aren't free but there is one that's been bought and paid for by JESUS CHRIST.
#20 Lie: If it doesn't kill you, it will make you stronger
The Truth: Character is developed more by strain than by success. But strength comes from the Saviour and is found most often by those on their knees.
#21 Lie: Silence is golden
The Truth: Silence isn't golden. Parents need to be informative, intentional and initiating when it comes to talking about sex, drugs and violence. Failing to speak up is as bad as failing to show up.
And I thought I am done, lol. The ultimate lie -
#22 Lie: The most damaging lie of all - The lie we tell ourselves - I don't matter
The Truth: Your life matters. You're not insignificant, irrelevant, or inadequate. God believes in you. God values you. And God has a dream for you.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
YEAH, I'm really done ;-)
4 comments:
Teacher...What is "Free relationship..."?
"Cost Free" relationship to be exact...
Not sure if this helps...or for that matter if i understood your question ;-)
Cost-free relationships are those we don't invest time, money and effort into. All of us can surely name such "friends" that we don't (bother to)invest in.
Conversely, the more time I spend chatting with you, the more valuable the relationship becomes ;-)
No wonder you are a teacher...
Only few sentences from you are enough to enlighten me :)
Thank you
Post a Comment