Monday, December 3, 2007

The Great Bible Reef Children's Camp

We attended a fun-filled children's camp over the weekend. I was involved on Friday - the storytelling portion. The kids were great. They remembered details that I shared about River Nile (that being the longest river in the world and being 6,600km long). My dear friend WWC who was in-charge of deco, very kindly coordinated the construction of the river and reed-planting right in the church auditorium. Alas, the place was so beautifully done that the campers couldn't resist jumping OVER the river, walking ALONG the river and pulling UP the reeds.

The river before destruction.
One witty mum attributed the destruction to global warming! LOL
The reeds didn't survive the onslaught. It was only the botak river on Day 2 of camp.

My kids at the various fun activities.


T-Shirt painting


Extremely wet water games


Passing of gummies


November & December birthday kids got a surprise celebration.
And Ewan thought he is done with birthday cakes

The camp unearthed some gems in our young people. My kids loved the funny camp fire songs led by J gorgor. The crafts and science experiments were led by young people too. Even if this camp was shorter than previous years', I was TIRED. I'm now nursing a cold, sniff sniff. Time to pass the baton!

No comments: