Friday, November 23, 2007

First Week of Hols


That's Ewan sitting with his would-be Primary One classmates on Orientation Day this past Tuesday. The boys followed their respective form teacher on a tour around the school. The classroom was the last stop and there they were treated to a movie screening. Ewan's class watched Chicken Little. All this (long) while, parents sat through presentations after presentations on the school and its programmes. I saw many eager-beaver parents taking down notes. Yikes, I was probably like that 2 years ago when I attended the orientation programme for Ethan. While it was a bore for me this time round, Ewan enjoyed his day because he made new friends.


Yesterday our boys went crabbing with papa and other papas and their kids. They had lots of fun but poor boys, they were bitten by some insects (sandflies maybe) and only today, the bites started to swell and ooze water(?). Ethan had over 20 bites!!! on his arms and feet. Ewan has less but he has 3 bumps/lumps on his head under his hair!! I had similar swellings the last time I was at the beach and it took over 2 weeks to heal. Oh boy, I hope it will be faster for the boys. Well, that's male bonding for you - no pain no gain - see extremely modest gain in above pix ;-)

This afternoon a friend who has been away for 1 1/2 years dropped by for a short visit. Nothing like home eh ;-) Thoroughly enjoyed the catching up. More to come? Yes!

A bit disjointed in this post, must be the hols....

No comments: