Thursday, September 6, 2007

Long Time No See (or Hear)

Last Monday, out of the blue I received a SMS from an old friend which led to the sharing of my blog and he jokingly asked if I was going to blog about our catching-up. Er, honestly I didn't think about that then. But since that Monday, get this: I have bumped into 3 of my ex-colleagues, at a supermarket, MRT and a mall respectively (the mall encounter happened only this afternoon); briefly exchanged SMSes with another haven't-heard-from-for-years-old friend, chatted on the phone with another; and got email updates from 2 of my dear friends.

I don't know what is the significance of the sudden deluge of connections and re-connections, but moments like these certainly warm the heart. It is a blessing to hear how each is getting on. I was especially surprised to see one ex-colleague whom I haven't seen for 8 years bringing a group of intellectually disabled adults to the supermarket. She left the previous job (where we were colleagues) because she was "tired of the corporate world" and has since found her calling in this new job.

Thank you friends for bringing the WoWs.

No comments: