So we cannot run away from paying. We decided we are also going to teach Ewan an invaluable lesson - MDGOT. Ewan had his first practicum when he had to earn the $15 to pay for the Sentosa trip. He was given a $1 credit for every household chore done eg folding clothes or washing Ewan-proof dishes. You now know why they call it a CHORE. Mid way through the practicum, he started to whine and grumble. So we stepped in and decided that the opportunity had come teach another invaluble lesson - to Ethan this time on how to be a cheerful giver (biblical parenting mah). I asked if he wished to contribute an amount to help his younger brother. He gleefully pledged $3 and I was about to praise him when he started to think of what kind of chores he would order Ewan to do. Sigh. Ethan got another lesson on what "No Strings Attached" means. To give him credit, he promptly dug out $3 worth of coins from his piggy bank and gave me cheerfully after I explained.
So where was I? Oh, the latest letter was for a trip to Kids' Kampong. Ewan went there with his school last year but insisted on going again. Ok loh, you want to go you should know MDGOT you earn that $15. Whoever says you never stop learning must be a sage. So here's practicum No 2....
Folding clothes reluctantly this afternoon
Happy to earn $1
No comments:
Post a Comment