Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sweet Success

Ewan has finally "earned" the $15 needed for his school trip! (See post on 11 Sep) He is extremely proud that he earned his final $2 last night folding clothes and putting them neatly into the wardrobe. He is off this morning to Kids' Kampong and the heavy downpour isn't going to dampen his spirits in any way.

Yesterday afternoon, Ethan went for a hike up Bukit Timah Hill as part of his scouting activities. He came home exhausted and was disappointed that they didn't reach the summit. He doesn't know why the teachers decided to turn back half way but I think if they were to continue they would probably be caught in the rush hour jam back to school in the evening. I'm sorry for his disappointment but I guess it's important for kids (and grown ups too!) to taste success or at least the satisfaction that comes with an accomplished task.

Speaking of which, I'm looking at an empty luggage now and am dreading the packing. We will be off to KL this weekend to attend a wedding. It's a short trip but there are just so many things to attend to...okay take a deep breath...I need to visualise first the satisfaction of getting what needs to be ready ready....what a happy image... {groan} the luggage is really still empty.

No comments: