We were all touched to read about Paul's last imprisonment in Rome before he died, how life was SO tough in prison: he was in great physical discomfort because of the chains and beatings; he was probably humiliated; he felt deserted and lonely and longed for his old friends and scrolls. And YET he chose to entrust everything to God..
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award me on that day - and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
2 Timothy 4:7-8
As I write this, Christians all over the world are praying fervently for the South Korean Christians who are being held hostage in Afghanistan. Two of their fellow workers have already been shot dead when the Talebans' ultimatums went unmet. News report said that a military operation to rescue the remaining hostages has begun.
I have no doubt these Christians are suffering just like Paul. I pray for their deliverance but I am also convinced that should they unfortunately die, we can be proud that they have fought a good fight, finished the race, kept the faith and that the crown of righteousness awaits them.
No comments:
Post a Comment