The significant other is not physically well for church this morning. It always feel funny, not so complete lah, when he is not in church with us. But still it had been a blessed day. C's sermon was er, memorable, in part of his brave revelations of his love "affairs", lol. When I shared with Fai later on at home, I wondered why he always misses the "juicy" parts: he was out of town when pastor talked about his daughter's bf and now this ;-) Anyway, back to the sermon's main point, (I was listening ok) - God can make good your mistakes just as he did with Jacob's. I say WoW to that. That will be a beautiful thought to meditate on for this week.
My long lost brother made an appearance in church this morning and was immediately swarmed by concerned brethren. He shared with me that he is at his low now in terms of motivation but somehow he knows God is calling him. I'm sure glad he obeyed the call because I told him I was ready to swarm him with sms ;-) I'm glad too that this morning's message spoke to him. I also spoke with a fantastic mother of 3 teenage boys. It's quite frightening actually to hear of a mother's concerns for her boys. I'm glad I still have some peaceful years ;-) But the God that enabled my brother and sister in Christ will enable me as well. Amen to that!
The church is organising an outing at the Singapore Flyer next month. Sigh, Fai will be out of town that day and I was hesitant to sign up though I know the boys will love it. Same reason lah, you want it to be a family experience. But I finally decided to go. Because Wai, Koon and BK are also family ;-)
Once a week, my boys stay in school for extra lessons and I love it because I have been using this slot to meet up with people - I met up with an old fren 2 weeks back; I went on a movie date with Fai last week, so I thought it would be lovely to catch up with my nephews. The older one who is on uni hols said no problem, just let him know the date and time so he could block it off, lol. The younger one said he's busy now, 3 weeks later, lol. I'll be meeting the older one this week and am looking forward to it.
I also have another assignment this week ;-). Mrs K asked me to "top up" my blog. Was that the word you used? Ok, I'm reading an interesting book now, called Pinocchio Parenting and should have the summary/review up this week. Thanks for being the only one who actually bothers to read the book reviews ;-) I don't even understand what I'm writing sometimes, hahaha.
2 comments:
Mrs Cheong, Jacob also reads the book reviews too!:P
ok, that makes 2 ;P
Post a Comment