Ethan pronounced that birds never er, do their business when they are on the ground. (Actually he used the 's' word, but it's not a very nice word to put it in MY blog right? LoL). I was about to ask him to qualify his statement (need to teach kids not to jump into conclusions or be judgmental mah) when he said that it is obvious by the pattern of the poo on the ground - only businesses done from a height will produce the splatter pattern, wahahahahaha. Okay, sharp. LoL.
Ewan loves animals especially the stray cats we meet nearly every day. This morning he tried his luck again after stroking a cat and asked if he could have a pet kitten, knowing very well what my answer would be. (I will NOT take on any extra responsibilities. Having to take care of 3 boys - 1 big 2 small is enough <==== my answer) So he asked if he could have a pet in his own home next time. To which i replied Of course lah, u can have anything as long as it's NOT in my home, LoL. Now came this from him:
So when i go for holiday, can u look after my pet?
Sigh, i was rendered speechless. The vision of my sunsetting years does NOT encompass any babysitting responsiblities, human beings or otherwise. I got a funny feeling that I've not seen the last of this discussion, LoL.
**********************************************
Last night, I had one of those conversations with the significant other that goes nowhere. We were not quarrelling lah. (Our quarrels will not make it here in my blog, sorry kaypohs, LoL) We were talking about the boys. Ethan had softball training yesterday and he took a bus home on his own for the first time because he was simply too tired to walk home. Both of us saw this as a sign of greater independence from Ethan. Then, the significant other mentioned that Ewan is the opposite AS A RESULT of my pampering him.
I call this ACCUSATION. He calls it OBSERVATION, lol
Anyway, as i said, the conversation went nowhere because I denied it, producing evidence of how i discipline Ewan and he didn't buy it, producing evidence of my pampering.
Okay, we need to work on this.
Next time.
;-)
3 comments:
Yep. When the child does wrong, it's something to do with the mom. When the child does right, the father must have had something to do with it.
I have walked this path too. Many times.
Can you also water and 'talk' to my plants and pick up my newspapers when my family & I are away this holidays? Hee!Hee! I am seriously considering which neighbours to ask for help!!!
yp
haha. at times it sounds funny to say "wonder whose genes he has?". at other times, it's tantamount to war when the same words are uttered, LoL
mrs k
u're obviously in need of a street directory or google earth. go check out the distance between us, wahahahaha. may i suggest pastor? he can walk the talk "love your neighbour as yourself", LoL.
Post a Comment